Values: Biblical, Prayerful, Missional & Relational
While opinions of members of the congregation may differ in some aspects regarding the Christian walk of faith, there are certain fundamental guiding principles that are to be incorporated in all aspects of Mt. Pleasant Community Church. These Core Values represent fundamental, unwavering guides in which we will not compromise.
- Biblical – Foundation for all we believe and practice
- Prayerful – Completely dependent on God
- Missional – Following the heart of Christ that none should perish
- Relational – God became incarnate to flesh out His love with every individual
Vision: Christ’s Transforming Community
This is God’s vision for the world. This is “Why” the church participates in His Kingdom; to bring glory to God.
- Christ’s: Everything begins with Christ. It is Christ who originates and creates transformation.
- Transforming: Christ is transforming us; individually and collectively.
- Community: Christ is about transforming the collective church community as well as those who are not yet followers.
Mission: Be Disciples Who Make Disciples
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20
Our church mission is “What” we do to participate in making God’s vision a reality; first in our local church, then our community, and the world.
A person must first “be” a disciple before he/she can “make” disciples. Our goal is to provide the best way for every person to become disciples while giving ourselves to making disciples of others through the Gospel.